Recipe: Brie Quiche

I made a modified quiche lorraine for breakfast this morning, and it was so quick and easy (and delicious!) that I decided two things -- one, I will be making this much more often from now on, and two, I have to share the recipe with all of you.

I used a the frozen vegan pie crust from Whole Foods, and it turned out rich and delicious.





Ingredients (serves 6-8)
  • 1 frozen 9-inch pie crust
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups milk
  • 2 Tbsp green onion or chive, diced
  • 1/2 cup brie or other soft cheese, chopped
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Separate one egg and brush pie crust with white. Put yolk in a bowl with remaining three eggs, and beat thoroughly.

In a small saucepan, heat milk until it is just bubbling around the outside edges. Remove from heat and let cool for 4-5 minutes.

While milk is cooling, mix chives, salt, and pepper into eggs. Layer cheese on the bottom of pie crust.

Whisk eggs thoroughly into hot milk, and pour into pie crust. Place in the oven immediately and bake until top is slightly browned and a knife inserted near the edge comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Do not overcook.

N.B. To make quiche lorraine, use swiss cheese and layer slow-cooked, chopped bacon on the bottom of the crust before pouring custard in.

2 comments:

  1. I am definitely going to give this a try soon... I love quiche and I love brie and I'm not sure I've ever had a quiche made with brie. I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will say that on day 2, once it was cold, the brie made the quiche taste a little bit fishy. This is definitely one that tastes better hot.

    Honestly, any cheese would work in this recipe. I'd really like to try it with comte.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...