The Scrimps Have News!

Yep, it's true--there are changes ahead for the Scrimps.




Yesterday, after a lot of thinking, praying, and waiting for the right opportunity, I put in notice at my job!

At the end of this month I'm going to be starting a new full-time job, working from home as a contractor with a marketing company owned by my sister-in-law. While I'll still be working the same hours, I'll be working them in my own house, which means that any downtime I have will be had at home. Suddenly a five minute lull means that instead of just sitting around and being bored, I can do laundry, or wash some dishes, or tweak a craft project, or write in this blog.

This is the first time I've ever held a full-time job that wasn't in either retail or childcare. To tell you the truth, I'm having a little trouble wrapping my head around it--it barely even feels real.

I'm not sad that I'm no longer going to be a nanny, except that I'll miss the family I work for.

This has been a year of big changes for us. I got my degree, Mr. Scrimp finished grad school, we got married, Mr. Scrimp started working as a full-time teacher, and now I am starting a professional job for the first time ever. What's next for us? I look forward to finding out!

1 comment:

  1. That's great news! Congrats! I'm sure you will be terrific at it! :-) I look forward to hearing how it's going.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...